How to follow last year's Southwark pilgrimage ?

The challenge was to take a chain of country buses - now that the Concessionary Pass is country-wide - from home to the world heritage site of Durham.

I'm not sure it could have been done before the Information Revolution. Bus timetables online, Google Maps, and the invaluable Traveline made planning easy. And, to my surprise, the data I used turned out to be accurate and reliable ...

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Chelmsford to Glinton





I even arrived early in Glinton. And had time to walk round the chilly, deserted Peterborough Cathedral close.


Cold all day, but lovely sunshine, which sometimes penetrated the spray and salt-encrusted bus windows.


Less than a minute into my first journey - two omens. Ice warning to the left, and to the right a walker, with back pack and all the gear, striding towards Chelmsford.



No comments:

Post a Comment